Thursday, August 23, 2012

GW2: Server Decision!

I am not generally an indecisive person, but the choice of a single home server for Guild Wars 2 had somehow turned me into a second-guessing, nail-biting neurotic... until just now.  Something clicked in my intuitive gaming center, and while there are folks heading to Ft. Aspenwood (if you're rolling there, check out Mercy Gaming, they are a very friendly and knowledgeable group!) , Sanctum of Rall, and other servers, that I would love to game with... I will be making Tarnished Coast my home server.

Tarnished Coast is the unofficial, North American, role-playing server for GW2.  You can find out more about it here:  http://www.guildwars2roleplayers.com/home
Why an RP server for a girl who loves her epic boss fights the most?  Well, although I am not a heavy RPer, I do create elaborate back-stories for my characters, attempt to stick to naming based on lore, and enjoy the occasional RP encounter and event.  And actual role-playing aside, I have found in the past that RP communities tend to be just as competent in end-game, PvP, and other game aspects, while somehow also being a little bit more mature and just plain friendlier.

So, I hope that the 'guesting' feature is implemented soon, and that I get a chance to adventure with many of the people I have been getting to know over the last few months who won't be choosing TC as their server.  And if you are heading there, Yay!  I'll see you in-game this Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment